Erections’ All Risks (E.A.R.)
Protects machinery during installation period.
Provides comprehensive coverage against loss and/or damaged caused by certain perils to the Machineries during installation and erection works of various machinery and equipment. Beside that it also covers the risks during construction works of oil refinery, power plant, construction works of superstructures of bridge, steel tower and other steel structures
EAR insurance may be concluded by :
1. The manufacturers or suppliers of machinery or plant if they carry out the erection work or are responsible for it.
2. The firms commissioned with the erection work.
3. The purchaser of the machinery or plant to be erected
SUBJECT MATTERS INSURED
1. Erection Works, such as:
Individual machines, apparatus and assemblies, such as : turbines, generators, steam boilers, compressors, internal combustion engines, electric motors, transformers, rectifiers, switcher, machine tolls, pumps, elevators, cranes, conveyor belts, cableway, printing, paper and textiles machinery, overhead transmission lines, pipelines, halls, tanks, vessels, steel bridges
Complete power facilities and production plants where the aforementioned items are used, such as: power stations, steel works, chemical plants, furnaces, paper and textile factories, etc. as well as plants producing any other consumer goods.
2. Civil Engineering Work.
3. Expenses incurred for the clearance of debris following a loss.
4. Property located on the site, belonging to or held in care, custody or control of the Insured.
5. Legal liability arising out of property damage or bodily injury suffered by third parties and occurring in connection with the erection work on or near the erection site
All risks of unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage, other than those specifically excluded.
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, mutiny, riot, strike, lock-out, civil commotion, military or usurped power, a group of malicious persons of persons acting on behalf of or in connection with any political organization, conspiracy, confiscation, commandeering, requisition or destruction or damage by order of any government de jure or de facto or by any public authority.
- Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- Willful act or willful negligence of the Insured or of his representatives..
- Cessation of work whether total or partial.
- The deductible stated in the Schedule to be borne by the Insured in any one occurrence.
- Consequential loss of any kind or description whatsoever including penalties, losses due to delay, lack of performance, loss of contract.
- Loss or damage due to faulty design, defective material or casting, bad workmanship other then faults in erection.
- War and tear, corrosion, oxidation, and incrustation.
- Loss of or damage to files, drawing, accounts, bills, currency, stamps, deeds, evidences of debt, notes, securities, cheques, packing materials such as cases, boxes, crates.
- Loss or damage discovered only at the time of taking an inventory.
- Other exclusions as defined in the insurance policy.