Machinery Breakdown Insurance
Protects machinery against loss or damage due to operation.
Provides coverage for the machinery insured in the event of such machinery being damaged or broken down caused by certain perils.
SUBJECT MATTERS INSURED :
Boilers, turbine sets, steam engines, generators, compressors, diesel engines and engineering plant etc.
Any unforeseen and sudden physical loss or damage necessitating its repair or replacement due to causes such as:
- Defect in casting and material.
- Faulty design.
- Faults at workshop or in erection.
- Bad workmanship.
- Lack of skill.
- Shortage of water in the case of boilers.
- Physical explosion or tearing apart on account of centrifugal forces.
- Short circuit.
- The deductible stated.
- Loss or damage to belts, ropes, chains, rubber tires, dies or exchangeable tools.
- Loss or damage due to Fire, the extinguishing of a fire, or subsequent demolition, theft, subsidence, landslide, floods, inundation, earthquake or similar natural catastrophes.
- Loss or damage for which the manufacturer or supplier of the property is responsible either by law or under contract.
- Loss or damage caused by any faults or defects existing at the time of commencement of this insurance within the knowledge of the Insured or his representatives.
- Loss or damage arising out of the willful act or gross negligence of the Insured or his Representatives.
- Loss or damage in consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemy, hostilities or warlike operations, civil war, mutiny, insurrection, rebellion, revolution, conspiracy, military or usurped power martial law, riot and civil commotion, strikes, lock-outs, confiscation etc.
- Nuclear Reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
- Loss or damage wearing away or wearing out of any property insured.
- Consequential loss or liability of any kind or descriptions.
- Other exclusions as defined in the insurance policy.